*” In front of a lavish villa, stops a car! There steps out a guy who is fully suited booted and walks straight in the villa. Riches is something which anyone might ask for. And seeing him it seems he is a wealthy person. The phone beeps, tringggggg …. Trigg…. “Hello!” From the other side of phone. “I am your friend Khushboo, remember! We did schooling together?” Yes of course! “You have turned a millionaire now!” said Khushboo”*
Suddenly my eyes open and I find lying myself on bed. But something that constantly pricked back of my mind was “being millionaire, not a bad idea.” How to get rich? Um…it’s not a difficult task in today’s world.
Yeah! Blogging is a smart way of earning. All u need is your PC. Don’t you worry if you don’t know anything about it!
Here is everything you need to know about blogs! Here we go….
Before you just go into blogging get your ideas clear why blogging?? I have listed few benefits of blogging
- Isn’t it awesome to connect to so many people at a time? Yes blogging is one way you can do so.
- Amazing way to express and share your views.
- Want to become writer? Definitely it can act as your platform.
- And the best part of it, you can make MONEY.
Excited to start blog?? Here are some easy steps to start blogging.so are you ready? Let’s go…
Step 1: Choose your blogging platform
Choosing where to build blog should be the first question in your mind. It is a way to express yourself then it is obvious the platform should be massive. And when I say that “WordPress” is something that strikes my mind. There are more than 82 million active user on word press.
It’s not just the only way there are other alternatives which are given below
- BLOGGER: Definitely the next best thing to wordpress.
- TUMBLR: it’s half social network, half blog. Interesting and simple to use.
So, till now you might be clear about three platform on which you going to write for. So ready for the next step.
Step 2: Self hosting or free alternatives?
This is one of the most important decision you got to make. Yes, you need to decide whether you will pay for your blog or grab a free one. Bloggers, Word Press and Tumbler offer free blogs. Yes it is a great news for the ones who are not so serious about blogging. But having said that there as cons for them too. Here are some downsides.
- You just won’t be able to get your domain name: yes it is something ugly. On your free blog your web address will be something like this
It isn’t something that you would want. Right?
- Limits everywhere: you cannot always upload everything you like. For example your videos or images. Everything is limited. And the worst thing is you cannot access to the free themes offered by Word Press.
- Your blog is not your own blog: yeah! You heard it right. You actually don’t own your blog it is hosted on someone else’s web property and they can also delete it if your content is not safe for readers!
Just means that all your hard work on blog post can be just vanished in seconds isn’t sad?
On other hand will the self-hosted blog on your own domain name you can be the real owner of your blog. You can add unlimited videos, images and content plus the free themes it’s all just the wining combo. Worried about how it costs to own a hosting and domain name? It’s just $5 to $10 per month.
Step: 3; Start it on your own domain
Still confused about what self-hosted blog is? Let me just explain you will need to come up with domain name you like ad choose a hosting company that can host your blog.
- Domain: It’s just basically the URL of your website like for example google.com(Google .com is the domain).isn’t it simple
- Hosting: Hosting the Company that your website on internet so that everyone else can see it is known as hosting. It’s just like a computer hard drive on the internet where your blogs can be saved one of the hosting and blog Domain Company is I page, but you are free to choose your on hosting company. If not all of them have one click, should have a “One Click” Word Press installed solution on their admin panel.
All you just need to sign up with your chosen provider then choose your hosting plan and domain name and finally look for one click installed button on admin panel. WordPress is very important for your privacy settings and automatic backup. Once it is installed all you have to do to start blogging.
Initially layouts look confusing but don’t you worry you will understand it quickly
Step 4: Design your WordPress blog
It’s just make your blog look exactly how you want you can choose a new theme either head to Appearance>Themes and install a free Word Press theme or you can head to premium theme website like ThemeForest.net.
Choose something that really look professional and easy to customize. The blog design should reflect both you and your personality and also what your blog is about. Make your blog attractive so that you have more no of visitors.
And his most important thing it should be easy to navigate so that more user can stick on
Step5: Useful Resources for Beginners Bloggers
Bloggers when come to the blogging arena are more often to make a few newbie mistake .But that is something not to get dishearten about there is always a scope of improvement whether you have learnt now or blogging since years .
PHEW! Perhaps everything you need to know is already said and you are ready to go with five simple steps. Get your ideas expresses and earn from it .Are you ready to blog.